Office of the Registrar
California Health Sciences University’s Office of the Registrar is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the University’s official student records and safeguards the privacy and security of those records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
We support CHSU students, alumni, faculty and staff by:
- Maintaining academic records and ensuring student data privacy standards are met
- Creating student courses and student registration in the student management system
- Processing final student grades and grade changes
- Preparing transcripts and diplomas
- Completing degree audits to ensure students meet graduation requirements
- Supporting commencement planning
- Supporting students with professional & licensing documentation
- Maintaining the University Catalog, Academic Calendar and course schedules
- Maintaining curricular compliance
- Maintaining policies and procedures concerning student enrollment and academic record management
The university’s Student Catalog and Handbook is the official source of university information regarding academic policies and procedures, admissions policies and procedures, student services, tuition and fees, financial aid information, programs information and course descriptions, academic calendars, faculty information and more.
- 2021-2022 Student Catalog and Handbook
- 2020-2021 Student Catalog and Handbook
- 2019-2020 Student Catalog and Handbook
The CHSU Academic calendars for COP and COM students outlines activities for the academic year including tuition deadlines, holidays, and other important dates.
Current Academic Calendars
Archived College of Pharmacy Academic Calendars
Archived College of Osteopathic Medicine Academic Calendars
Enrollment and Degree Verification
Students or Alumni Requests
The Office of the Registrar can provide verification of student enrollment/degree status to third parties in writing at the student’s request. The student/alumni must complete, sign, and submit the Enrollment/Degree Verification Request form to the Office of the Registrar by email, fax, or in person. Requests are processed within 3-5 business days.
Enrollment verification can include the following information:
- Current enrollment status
- Number of credits
- Expected graduation date and term
- Degree sought/awarded
- Enrollment history: terms attended and term dates
- GPA optional
Delivery options are mail, fax, pick-up, and email (only to your CHSU email address).
Third Party Requests
To obtain a degree or enrollment verification for a CHSU student, please send your request via Fax to:
Attn: Office of the Registrar 559-473-1487
- Official Transcripts can be ordered for pick-up or to be mailed.
- Photo identification is required for all pick-up orders.
- Due to privacy laws, transcripts cannot be emailed.
- (Please allow 3 to 5 business days for processing)
- If you need a document sent with your transcript, please upload the document as a PDF and submit it with your transcript request.
- Requesting a transcript can be completed in one of two ways.
Current Students and Alumni – Self Service
Current students and alumni may request transcripts through their SONIS Student Record Portal. This is the preferred method.
- After logging in, click on the Bio tab to bring you to this screen:
- The Transcript button will populate an unofficial transcript that you may print on your own.
- The Requests button will send the Office of the Registrar a request for an official transcript.
- In the comments box shown below, you must enter either “Pick-up”, or a mailing address if you want the transcript mailed out.
- You can also review your official grades and GPA in the SONIS Student Record Portal. Please note, grades displayed in Brightspace are not official grades.
Former Students, Current Students, and Alumni – Manual Request
Former students, current students, and alumni may request transcripts by submitting a Transcript Request Form.
- Request forms submitted via email by current students must be sent from the student’s CHSU email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Former students without access to their CHSU student email may submit the request from an email currently on record with the University.
|Biographical Change Request||University||Use this form for Legal Name Changes, Social Security Number and Ethnicity (Race).|
|Change of Address||University||Use to update local, mailing, or permanent address, phone numbers, personal email address. Local address only, can be done through the SONIS student portal.|
|Course Grade Appeal (COP)||College of Pharmacy||Request must be submitted within 10 days of grade posting.|
|Course Grade Appeal (COM)||College of Osteopathic Medicine||Request must be submitted within 10 days of grade posting.|
|Elective Add/Drop Request (COP)||College of Pharmacy||Use to add/drop an elective course in the PharmD program only. If adding an Independent Study, it must be accompanied by a completed Independent Study form.|
|Emergency Contact Information||University||Use this form to add or update your emergency contact information. Can also be done in the SONIS student portal.|
|FERPA Authorization to Release Non-Directory Records||University||Use this form to authorize an ONGOING release (for parents, etc.) that will be kept on file.|
|FERPA Consent to Release Student Information||University||Use this form to authorize a ONE TIME release (for employers, banks, etc.)|
|FERPA Opt-Out Directory Information||University||Use this form to opt-out from the release of directory information.|
|Independent Study Request||University||Use this form to request to be registered for an Independent Study course after speaking to the course director.|
|Leave of Absence Request||University||Use this form to request a temporary Leave of Absence.|
|Transcript Release to CA State Board of Pharmacy (COP)||College of Pharmacy|
|Transcript Release to Out-of-State Board of Pharmacy (COP)||College of Pharmacy|
|Transcript Request||University||Use this to request official transcripts. Unofficial transcripts can be obtained on the SONIS student portal.|
|University Withdrawal||University||Use this to completely withdraw from the University.|
Student Privacy & FERPA
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the University’s official student records and safeguards the privacy and security of those records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). FERPA is a federal law that pertains to the release of and access to student educational records.
FERPA provides students the following rights:
- The right to inspect and review their education records.
- The right to seek to amend education records that are believed to be inaccurate or misleading.
- The right to demand that personally identifiable information be disclosed only with student consent, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
- The right to file a complaint against the institution not complying with this law.
What is an education record?
- Any record which contains information that is personally identifiable to a student and is maintained by the university or by a party or organization acting on behalf of the school.
- This may include written and printed documents, electronic media, film, CDs, video or audio tapes.
- Transcripts or other records obtained from a school in which a student was previously enrolled.
What information is not considered part of an education record?
- Sole possession records or private notes of individual faculty or staff that are not accessible or released to other personnel
- Law enforcement or campus security records
- Medical records
- Alumni records
- Application materials, confidential letters of recommendation received by the University
- Some items of academic record under certain conditions
- Other records pursuant to the policies and procedures of the Registrar.
What is directory information?
- Directory information is information contained in an education record of a student which would not generally be considered harmful or invasion of privacy if disclosed.
- The following items are designated as directory information at CHSU:
- Student’s Name
- CHSU E-mail Address
- Telephone Number
- Field of Study
- Classification (Class of/Graduate)
- Enrollment Status
- Dates of Attendance
- Club and/or Organization Memberships
- Degrees, Honors, and Awards
- Most Recent Institution Attended
Student Privacy/FERPA Forms:
- Enrollment/Degree Verification Request: Use this form to authorize a verification of enrollment or degree.
- FERPA Authorization to Release Non-Directory Records: Use this form to authorize an ONGOING release (for parents, etc.) that will be kept on file.
- FERPA Consent to Release Student Information: Use this form to authorize a ONE TIME release (for employers, banks, etc.)
- FERPA Opt-Out Directory Information: Use this form to opt-out from the release of directory information.
Students may request non-disclosure of directory information to the public by submitting a Request to Opt-Out of Directory Information form to the Office of the Registrar.